Sunday, July 27, 2008

Turning 180

So, my running went to a screaming hault when my husband told me one day that he wanted a divorce. Out of the blue. But, I've taken the anger I felt from his irresponsibility with my emotions and life and turned it into something productive and positive. I have been running like a champ lately and it feels great. One thing I have learned through this is that you can't control anyone else's actions but your own. And it's an obvious lesson, but I have really felt it this time around.

Anyways, I got accepted on a marathon team for the Air Force, so I have to really gear in on my training. The marathon is on Sept. 20. My goal is to get under 4 hours and if I continue with this determination I will do it. Being a part of the team for the Air Force has shown me how far I have come in my dedication and training to running. It feels great!!!

Yesterday's run was 13 miles. I don't have the stats right with me, but this next weekend I'll be shooting for 15 miles. Wish me luck!!

3 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Sorry to hear about the divorce.

Congrats on making the air force team! That sounds rather impressive.

atrusni said...

Sorry to hear about the divorce, I have met several co-workers that have gone trough that experience and it has never been easy.

It's good that you are using the experience to do something positive in your life....keep on going.

Unknown said...

Sorry ot hear the divorce.
Yeah,focus yourself on other great things. Think positive and keep on going! Spend your time doing things that will bring happiness to you.

:)
rjons keens