Thursday, April 24, 2008

New Shoes

Run: 3.75 miles with Molly in tow. Not a bad run, but not a good run either.

Nike Sport Kit recorded my run as follows: 3.76 miles in 33:15 minutes, at a 8:49 pace.

Today I decided to take Molly, our 6 month old pup, out for her first run. I figure it's better to ease her into running with me while she's still somewhat little. Well, she managed to slow me down a little bit since she has yet to grow into her big puppy legs. But, she was a trooper, running 3.75 miles right off the bat like that. She got spooked a few times by cars (and this really creepy old man that I swear tried to hit her or something because she went FLAILING into the road)and bucked right out of her collar. It's pretty dangerous running on streets that are one car-width apart while Italians are flying down the road like they are in F-16s or something. Anyways, I think that this is the last run I will take Molly on until we get to North Dakota. Hopefully we can find a park or something that is big enough to run a few miles on.

I bought a new pair of running shoes a couple of weeks ago online and I got them in today. I just HAD to go try them out. They are a little heavier than my other shoes--but that's just something I'll have to get use to. My old shoes have over 400 miles on them, so I know that this is a good change. (Even though I love my old shoes so much). They survived my first marathon and all of the training that went into it. It's time to retire them.

I read that knee pain can come from weak quadriceps, so I am starting a rigid training plan to get them up to speed. My hamstrings are pretty strong--so I can see how they can compensate over my quads. Anyways...I am going to start lifting 2-3 times a week. It will be hard to accomplish in the middle of a move, but I will try my hardest to maintain the regimin. Well, seeing that this is a pretty boring blog so far, I am going to wrap it up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.