Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Getting back in the saddle

Run: 3 miles, 23:50 minutes, 8:07 pace

The husband and I are somewhat settled into our new place in Grand Forks, North Dakota. The whole move from Italy proved to be very exhausting. My running suffered from it, but now I am getting back on track...sloooooowly but surely.

I signed up for the Air Force Marathon in Dayton, Ohio last week, so now it's game time. Training started this week. 3 miles today and 3 miles yesterday. Tomorrow we are doing 6. Saturday either 10 or 12.
My body seems to be functioning well. No real pain in any parts of my body--it's a good way to start off training! I found some trails around the town that seem to be good to run on. They are bicycle trails, but can be used for long distant running as well. I'm so psyched to get this thing going!! I love the challenge of running a marathon. Hopefully I can get under 4 hours this time!

No comments: